Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Robin Williams (1951-2014)

On Monday evening the news was interrupted to make the most shocking announcement I have heard this summer. Actor/Comedian Robin Williams had taken his life by asphyxiation. Who would have thought such an extremely talented man was suffering from depression. I remember the first time I was introduced to his comic genius was on the Mork & Mindy show. I couldn't believe anyone could be so funny & talk so fast all at the same time. Then came Good Will Hunting and was blown away by the fact that such a great comedian could also be such a talented serious actor. He was rewarded by winning the Best Supporting Actor Academy Award that year. He was one of my favorite people and he will be sadly missed by not only his many fans but by the many celebrity friends he made over his career. He's probably making a heavenly audience laugh right now, including my parents who thought he was one of the funniest men in show business. God Bless You Robin, you will be at peace now. P.S. Also R.I.P. actress Lauren Bacall who died yesterday. I don't think Robin would mind me mentioning Miss Bacall.
Mork & Mindy
  

No comments:

Post a Comment