Saturday, August 16, 2014

Ketchup With Us: Ryan's First Halloween

This time around we are given 2 choices by Mel & Michele: a) talk about something that was first in your life or b) re post a previous blog. I have decided on a) and the first I have selected is my boy's first Halloween. He was 3 years old & had just been diagnosed with Autism. It was his first year in Nursery School and as yet was still non-verbal. I took him to Toys R Us to the costumes to see what he would do. At the time he loved the Teletubbies so of course that was where he headed for, the store had put a picture board over they're costumes, that's how he new where to go. Of course he pulled down the Po costume his favorite, I think it was the bright red color. I know Po is a girl, but to an Autistic child they don't understand things like that & anyway he looked cute dressed as Po. After a fun party at school, we went trick or treating with some friends that evening. Even though he didn't understand what was going on he loved seeing all the other kids in all the different costumes, he was in his wheelchair stroller so he had a great view of all the goings on. He did get a great haul of candy, which he wouldn't eat at the time, so my parents, God rest them,enjoyed it very much. So that's my first & even though he had many more after that, nothing was as much enjoyable as the first. P.S. I'm diabetic, that's why I passed it on to my parents.
My little Teletubby
 

3 comments:

  1. How cute is that little smile? I have no idea if Po is a girl. Who cares? He looks great in red!

    Thanks for linking up with KetchupWithUs. Please come back again on the 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that smile? I have no idea if Po is a girl. Who cares? He looks great in red!

    Thanks for linking up with KetchupWithUs. Please come back again on the 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always thought he looked great in red. I'm sorry to hear Ketchup With Us will be taking a break, hope you do come back again. :-0

    ReplyDelete