Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The beginning of a New Era

Yesterday afternoon, I had a meeting with Ryan's school about his education future. He still has a year and a half to go but after many sleepless nights and headaches I have finally come to a very important decision. I have decided to remove him from school. For those who don't know me, my boy has moderate-severe autism and even though he is in a Special Needs class at high school, he can neither read or write and has been diagnosed to be functioning at a 4 year old age level. He will never be able to work but he is receiving a disability pension for life which is a big help.So I will be starting this process almost immediately and so closes this chapter of his 19 year life. After this is done he will be starting another chapter, which I will tell you about in future blogs. As for now, we are going to close his school life with a big thank you to his teachers and all who have nurtured and taken special care of him from day care to elementary school to high school. You are great people and will always be remembered by me with great affection. To be continued... 
My Son Ryan

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/04/2014

    Life is full of difficult decisions, especially those that involve your child. Best of luck to you and Ryan my friend. I'm sure the next chapter will be amazing for both you and him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammie for the encouraging words. I hope I have made the right decision.

      Delete
    2. Barbara, best of luck and I am sure that you have made the right decision for you and for him. I am sure your mother and father are watching you both form up high and guiding you all along. Love u

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you have made the right decision Barbara. You know what's best for your son, and you are the one who has his best interests at heart and as your priority. I look forward to hearing about the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete