Monday, February 17, 2014

Ketchup With Us # 36

So here I go talking about the first thing that came into my mind as requested by Mel & Michele for #36 Ketchup. Well you are not going to believe this, but what popped into my head was cleaning out my Mom's room after she died in 2011.Okay I've started the clock again, that's what happens when your not watching the time and Ryan comes to you wanting his lunch. Anyway what brought up this subject was a talk I had with my niece over the weekend when we were talking about Mom. She was asking what I had found hidden in the back of her closet and couldn't believe the hidden treasures I found. The most important was a framed portrait of my Dad that was taken in the seventies. So now this portrait hangs on my living room wall and I'm now out of time.
Picture of my Dad taken in the seventies

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/17/2014

    Amazing what you find isn't it? I remember cleaning out my Nanie's closet after she passed. Lots of unfinished cross-stitch projects and old medications she had said she threw away but didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing is we searched everywhere for that picture because Mom wanted it put on the wall in her room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice that you found it and now it hangs on your wall. A lovely picture of your dad to look at daily. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Shannon, it's a really good picture as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny how things pop in and out of our heads.
    I switched back to wearing a watch my mother got me, and I think about her a lot more often when I'm wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it just shows what is really in the back of your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Part two for the next link-up! It's a whole story in installments. We're helping you write your memoirs, Barbara. So don't forget to come back and see us on the 1st. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds good to me, looking forward to the next chapter Michele. :)

    ReplyDelete