Saturday, February 8, 2014

January, I Don't Like It!!!

Now for something totally different, a quote from Monty Python. We're now a full week into February and after another major snowstorm and snow day, buses were cancelled again, I'm truly not impressed. Having said that, it doesn't compare to my least favorite month of the year... January. This huge dislike, hatred is such a strong word, goes back, way back, to my own school days. At that time there was no March Break or Family Day as there is now, so when I went back to school after Christmas Holidays we didn't get a day off until The Easter Break, which
January Snowstorm-one of many this year
could be a two and a half month stretch of time eg: this year Easter is near the end of April. So why do I dislike January you might ask? I think in my mind this is the month that always started this sometimes unbearable long stretch of time for me. I know it's been a long time since my school days, no comments please, but I think some things just stay with you no matter how much time has past. So, now you have read my tail of woe, you can say to yourself "what is wrong with this girl?" I promise not to judge. Plus anyone who has a birthday in January, sorry if I offended you in anyway...or do I??

2 comments:

  1. I agree. January, especially where we live, is an unpleasant month. Cold, snowy, gloomy, and seemingly so far from spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do wish Spring would hurry up!

    ReplyDelete